We Help Injured People Recover Compensation
No one leaves the house and plans to be injured. But it does happen. If you were the victim of an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, it is likely you have a personal injury case.
At Ferguson Legal Group, LTD, we know what a stressful, uncertain time this can be. We are here to ensure that you understand what your case is worth and the steps needed to pursue compensation. Call 937-502-1040 to speak immediately with a member of our staff about what happened.
Types Of Accidents And Injuries We Can Help With
People are often injured due to the negligence of a person or business. The negligent party can mean another driver, a shop, restaurant or building owner, or even a manufacturer. Our goal is to ensure that you are taken care of and the compensation you receive is what you truly deserve.
We help victims of many types of accidents, including:
- Car accidents, including bring hit by a drunk or drugged driver
- Truck/bus/ delivery vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating and RV accidents
- Slip and fall or trip and fall
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home accidents, injuries or death
- Other accidents taken on a case-by-case basis
No matter how you were injured, it is beneficial to speak with a personal injury attorney to understand the process. Your phone consultation or meeting is free. There are no costs for representation, as personal injury cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. We can help you understand whether you have a viable case, what your rights to compensation are and what your case is really worth.
Understanding Damages And Compensation
There are types of damages you may receive if you suffer a personal injury or wrongful death. These are:
- Compensatory damages: These monetary awards cover medical, surgical and rehab costs. These may include lost current and future wages, pain and suffering, and property damage. Wrongful death claims pursue getting reimbursed for funeral costs and the lost future wages of the person who died.
- Punitive damages: If the person or responsible party (a hospital or manufacturer) acted with extreme negligence or malice the court may award punitive damages in addition to compensatory ones. Punitive damages work to punish the perpetrator and to send a message that this behavior will not be tolerated.
In Ohio, there are limits as to how long after an accident or injury you can file a personal injury claim. This is called the statute of limitations. For a medical malpractice claim, it is one year, for both personal injury and product liability, it is two years. The exception to the limitation is if a worker or consumer has been exposed to harmful chemicals or elements. Then the statute of limitations starts when the person is diagnosed with an injury or illness.
Get The Personal Injury Guidance You Need
At Ferguson Legal Group, LTD, we are negotiators and litigators who relentlessly pursue optimal results for clients. We are proactive attorneys with the experience and foresight to anticipate obstacles. We provide you with a clear understanding of the process and your options. At Ferguson Legal Group, LTD, protecting you is what we do. Call our office in Xenia at 937-502-1040 to set up a free consultation. You can also reach us via website connect email.