In compiling this policy, we have taken steps to ensure we have incorporated the standards and principles outlined in data collection and privacy frameworks. This policy describes:
- The types of information we collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, as well as any websites and blogs directly owned by Ferguson Legal Group LTD.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then please do not use our website. By using our website, you agree to the terms of this policy. This policy may change from time to time (see “Changes to This Policy” below). Your continued use of our website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
What We Collect and How We Collect It
To ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience, we will store, use, and share information about you in accordance with this policy.
Information You Provide to Us
“Personal information” is any information that can be used to individually identify you from a larger group, such as data including, but not limited to, your:
- First and last name.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- Mailing address.
- Comments or messages provided in free text boxes.
You may provide us personal information when you:
- Request information.
- Contact us.
- Subscribe to our emails.
Automated Information Collection
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we may also collect information about you during your visit to our website. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below. Information collected automatically normally includes your internet address (IP address), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using our website. Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you or your online experience may include:
- Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your device’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use both of them:
- Session cookies, which do not stay on your device after you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies, which remain on your device until you delete them or they expire.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the website’s features or lose access to some functionality.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested.
If we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed. Transactional or service-oriented messages are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services, and are not intended for the purposes of marketing.
We will not intentionally send you email newsletters and marketing emails unless you consent to receive such marketing information. After you request to receive these emails, you may opt out of them at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided.
Any such communications you receive from us will be administered in accordance with your preferences and this policy.
Accuracy and Access to Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain and process your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing.
To view and change the personal information that you have provided to us, please contact us directly for assistance.
How We Use Your Information
The information we gather and that you provide is collected to provide you information and the services you request, in addition to various other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting you with items such as personalized experiences, facilitation of product usage, and enforcement of Terms and Conditions.
- Preventing malicious activity and providing you with a secure experience.
- Providing service and support for services you request.
- Providing marketing communications that are effective and optimized for you.
- Keeping you up-to-date with the latest benefits available from us.
- Preventing unwanted messages or content.
- Measuring the performance of our marketing programs.
- Contacting you about services and offers that are relevant to you.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell or lease your information to any third party.
Except as described in this policy, we will not share your information with third parties without your notice and consent, unless it is under one of the following circumstances:
- Responding to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Complying with any law, regulations, subpoena, or court order.
- Investigating and helping prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity.
- Enforcing or protecting the rights and properties of Ferguson or its subsidiaries.
- Protecting the rights or personal safety of Ferguson’s employees.
Safeguarding The Information We Collect
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in order to protect your Personal Information against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, we can never promise 100% security. You have a responsibility, as well, to safeguard your information. If you believe your information has been improperly provided to us or misused, please contact us immediately.
Changes to This Policy
If we make any changes to this policy, a revised policy will be posted on this webpage and the date of the change will be reported in the “Last Revised” block above. You can get to this page from any of our webpages by clicking on the “Privacy” link (usually at the bottom of the screen).
How to Contact Us
Ferguson Legal Group, LTD
E-mail: [email protected]
In your correspondence, please ensure that you write “PRIVACY” in your subject line so that it is routed in a timely and efficient manner.